Account Officer Role at Jenneoby Environmental and Laboratory Services Limited
Jenneoby Environmental and Laboratory Services Limited is a diversified environmental and sustainable development management services company based in Lagos, Nigeria. We are set up to offer environmental management consultancy, laboratory analytical services, waste management, and safety operations. Jenneoby is looking to fill in the position(s) below:
Not less than 2 years
- Preparing customer invoices and reconciling customer accounts within the general ledger
- Preparing the monthly receivables statements.
- Making copies of any cheques or bank slips received and ensuring they have been properly filed.
- Maintain adequate records of all company’s transactions and ensures that transactions are posted daily / weekly (i.e. local banking transactions, receipts, cheque payments, petty cash transactions).
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation
- Prepare schedule of monthly fee notes and clients’ payment status
- Examine all account books for efficiency and accuracy
- Acts as an interface between the company and its bankers
- Assist management and senior accountant in reviewing of expenses, payroll records
- Maintain proper inventory of company’s assets through fixed Asset Register
- Following up on customer invoices, and ensuring they have been received
- Post receipts to the appropriate account and verify the details of the transaction.
- Monitoring customer account details for any irregularities, delayed payments, and non-payments, and reporting this to the Management
- Providing support to other members of the finance and management team.
- Keeping track of all payments and expenditures, including payroll, purchase orders, invoices, statements, etc.
- Reconciling processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Maintaining historical records and properly storing and filing documents.
- Paying employees by verifying expense reports and preparing paychecks
- Paying vendors by scheduling paychecks and ensuring payment is received for outstanding credit; generally responding to all vendor inquiries regarding finance
- Prepare analysis of accounts and produce monthly reports
- Managing account payable and receivable.
- Utilize accounting software and tools to Organize financial account information.
- Make regular contact with clients to ensure payment
- Track Organization expenses
- Creating and processing invoices
- Generate Monthly Financial report
- The ideal candidate should possess a BSc Degree in Accounting with 1-2 years’ experience.
- Experience using Sage 50 accounting software
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong Organizational skill
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, technical, IT, and numerical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated creative and critical thinking skills
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication, presentation, interpersonal, and time management skills
- Ability to develop and implement accounting systems
- Solid understanding of financial statistics and Accounting Principles
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable principles
Method of Application
Send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Deadline for application is 10-MARCH-2023